2-15-1781. Board of private security. (1) There is a board of private security.
(2) The board consists of seven voting members appointed by the governor with the consent of the senate. The members shall represent:
(a) one contract security company or proprietary security organization, as defined by 37-60-101;
(b) one electronic security company, as defined by 37-60-101;
(c) one city police department;
(d) one county sheriff's office;
(e) one member of the public;
(f) one member of the Montana public safety officer standards and training council; and
(g) a licensed private investigator or a registered process server.
(3) Members of the board must be at least 25 years of age and have been residents of this state for more than 5 years.
(4) The appointed members of the board shall serve for terms of 3 years. The terms of board members must be staggered.
(5) The governor may remove a member for misconduct, incompetency, neglect of duty, or unprofessional or dishonorable conduct.
(6) A vacancy on the board must be filled in the same manner as the original appointment and may be only for the unexpired portion of the term.
(7) The board is allocated to the department for administrative purposes only as prescribed in 2-15-121.
History: En. Sec. 1, Ch. 550, L. 1983; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 217, L. 1989; Sec. 2-15-1891, MCA 1999; redes. 2-15-1781 by Sec. 221(2), Ch. 483, L. 2001; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 36, L. 2005; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 405, L. 2007; amd. Sec. 4, Ch. 502, L. 2007; amd. Sec. 3, Ch. 2, L. 2009.