2-15-1814. Board of housing -- allocation -- composition -- quasi-judicial. (1) There is a board of housing.
(2) The board consists of seven members appointed by the governor as provided in 2-15-124. The members must be informed and experienced in housing, economics, or finance.
(3) The board shall elect a presiding officer and other necessary officers.
(4) The board is designated as a quasi-judicial board for purposes of 2-15-124.
(5) The board is allocated to the department of commerce for administrative purposes only as provided in 2-15-121.
(6) In compliance with the state pay plan, the department shall provide all staff and services to the board that are determined by the board in conjunction with the department to be necessary for the purposes of carrying out the board's programs. The department shall assess the board for reasonable costs.
(7) A member of the board may not be considered to have a conflict of interest under the provisions of 2-2-201 merely because the member is a stockholder, officer, or employee of a lending institution that may participate in the board's programs.
History: En. 82A-224 by Sec. 2, Ch. 163, L. 1977; R.C.M. 1947, 82A-224; amd. Sec. 3, Ch. 143, L. 1979; MCA 1979, 2-15-1008; redes. 2-15-1814 by Sec. 11, Ch. 274, L. 1981; amd. Sec. 12, Ch. 274, L. 1981; amd. Sec. 89, Ch. 61, L. 2007.