2-15-3406. State parks and recreation board -- composition. (1) There is a state parks and recreation board.
(2) The board consists of five members appointed by the governor, as prescribed in 2-15-124. The governor shall appoint one member from each of the following districts:
(a) District No. 1, consisting of Lincoln, Flathead, Sanders, Lake, Mineral, Missoula, Powell, Ravalli, Granite, and Lewis and Clark Counties;
(b) District No. 2, consisting of Deer Lodge, Silver Bow, Beaverhead, Madison, Jefferson, Broadwater, Gallatin, Park, and Sweet Grass Counties;
(c) District No. 3, consisting of Glacier, Toole, Liberty, Hill, Pondera, Teton, Chouteau, Cascade, Judith Basin, Fergus, Blaine, Meagher, and Wheatland Counties;
(d) District No. 4, consisting of Phillips, Valley, Daniels, Sheridan, Roosevelt, Petroleum, Garfield, McCone, Richland, Dawson, and Wibaux Counties;
(e) District No. 5, consisting of Golden Valley, Musselshell, Stillwater, Carbon, Yellowstone, Big Horn, Treasure, Rosebud, Custer, Powder River, Carter, Fallon, and Prairie Counties.
(3) Appointments must be made without regard to political affiliation and must be made solely for the wise management of state parks and outdoor recreational resources administered pursuant to Title 23, chapter 1, and Title 23, chapter 2, parts 1, 4, and 9.
(4) A person appointed to the board must be informed or experienced in the conservation and protection of state parks, heritage resources, natural resources, tourism promotion and development, or outdoor recreation.
(5) A vacancy on the board must be filled by the governor in the same manner and from the district in which the vacancy occurs.
(6) The board is designated as a quasi-judicial board for purposes of 2-15-124, except that the requirement that at least one member be an attorney does not apply.
History: En. Sec. 1, Ch. 235, L. 2013.