2-17-506. Definitions. In this part, unless the context requires otherwise, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Board" means the information technology board established in 2-15-1021.
(2) "Central computer center" means any stand-alone or shared computer and associated equipment, software, facilities, and services administered by the department for use by state agencies.
(3) "Chief information officer" means a person appointed by the director of the department to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the department relating to information technology.
(4) "Data" means any information stored on information technology resources.
(5) "Department" means the department of administration established in 2-15-1001.
(6) "Electronic access system" means a system capable of making data accessible by means of an information technology facility in a voice, video, or electronic data form, including but not limited to the internet.
(7) "Information technology" means hardware, software, and associated services and infrastructure used to store or transmit information in any form, including voice, video, and electronic data.
(8) "Private safety agency" has the same meaning as provided in 10-4-101.
(9) "Public safety agency" has the same meaning as provided in 10-4-101.
(10) "State agency" means any entity of the executive branch, including the university system.
(11) "Statewide telecommunications network" means any telecommunications facilities, circuits, equipment, software, and associated contracted services administered by the department for the transmission of voice, video, or electronic data from one device to another.
History: En. Sec. 4, Ch. 313, L. 2001; amd. Sec. 3, Ch. 106, L. 2015.