2-18-811. General duties of department. The department shall:
(1) adopt rules for the conduct of its business under this part and to carry out the purposes of this part;
(2) negotiate and administer contracts for state employee group benefit plans for a period not to exceed 10 years;
(3) design state employee group benefit plans, establish specifications for bids, and make recommendations for acceptance or rejection of bids;
(4) prepare an annual report that describes the state employee group benefit plans being administered, details the historical and projected program costs and the status of reserve funds, and makes recommendations, if any, for change in existing state employee group benefit plans;
(5) prior to each legislative session, perform or obtain an analysis of rate adequacy of all state employee group benefit plans administered under this part; and
(6) submit the report required in this section to the office of budget and program planning as a part of the information required by 17-7-111.
History: En. Sec. 5, Ch. 555, L. 1979; amd. Sec. 11, Ch. 112, L. 1991; amd. Sec. 10, Ch. 349, L. 1993; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 127, L. 2007.