2-6-1201. Local government records committee -- composition and meetings. (1) There is a local government records committee.
(2) The committee consists of the following eight members:
(a) the state archivist;
(b) the state records manager;
(c) a representative of the department of administration;
(d) two local government records managers appointed by the director of the Montana historical society;
(e) two local government records managers appointed by the secretary of state; and
(f) a person representing the Montana state genealogical society, appointed by the secretary of state, who shall serve as a volunteer.
(3) Committee members subject to appointment shall hold office for a period of 2 years beginning January 1 of the year following their appointment.
(4) Vacancies must be filled in the same manner they were filled originally.
(5) The committee shall elect a presiding officer and a vice presiding officer.
(6) The committee shall meet at least twice a year upon the call of the secretary of state or the presiding officer.
(7) Except for the member appointed in subsection (2)(f), members of the committee not serving as part of their compensated government employment must be compensated in accordance with 2-18-501 through 2-18-503 for each day in committee attendance. Members who serve as part of their compensated government employment may not receive additional compensation, but the employing governmental entity shall furnish, in accordance with the prevailing per diem rates, a reasonable allowance for travel and other expenses incurred in attending committee meetings.
History: En. Sec. 22, Ch. 348, L. 2015.