20-5-109. Nonpublic school requirements for compulsory enrollment exemption. To qualify its students for exemption from compulsory enrollment under 20-5-102, a nonpublic or home school:
(1) shall maintain records on pupil attendance and disease immunization and make the records available to the county superintendent of schools on request;
(2) shall provide at least the minimum aggregate hours of pupil instruction in accordance with 20-1-301 and 20-1-302;
(3) must be housed in a building that complies with applicable local health and safety regulations;
(4) shall provide an organized course of study that includes instruction in the subjects required of public schools as a basic instructional program pursuant to 20-7-111; and
(5) in the case of home schools, shall notify the county superintendent of schools of the county in which the home school is located in each school fiscal year of the student's attendance at the school.
History: En. Sec. 2, Ch. 355, L. 1983; amd. Sec. 3, Ch. 498, L. 1989; amd. Sec. 9, Ch. 138, L. 2005.