20-9-227. Exemptions from interest assessment. Section 20-9-226 does not apply to the following:
(1) third-class school districts where the board of trustees does not meet monthly;
(2) interdistrict or intergovernmental transactions;
(3) claims subject to a good faith dispute;
(4) delinquencies due to natural disasters, disruptions in postal or delivery service, work stoppage due to labor disputes, power failures, or any other cause resulting from circumstances clearly beyond the control of the district;
(5) contracts entered into before October 1, 1985; or
(6) wages due and payable to school district employees or payments from any retirement system created pursuant to Title 19.
History: En. Sec. 6, Ch. 413, L. 1985.