22-2-106. Council duties. The council shall:
(1) encourage throughout the state the study and presentation of the arts and stimulate public interest and participation in the arts;
(2) cooperate with public and private institutions engaged within the state in artistic and cultural activities, including but not limited to music, theater, dance, painting, sculpture, architecture, and allied arts and crafts, and make recommendations concerning appropriate methods to encourage participation in and appreciation of the arts to meet the legitimate needs and aspirations of persons in all parts of the state;
(3) foster public interest in the cultural heritage of our state and expand the state's cultural resources;
(4) encourage and assist freedom of artistic expression essential for the well-being of the arts;
(5) as required under 2-15-242, nominate three individuals to serve as the state poet laureate and provide the list of nominees to the governor.
History: En. Sec. 6, Ch. 2, L. 1967; amd. Sec. 39, Ch. 93, L. 1969; R.C.M. 1947, 82-3606; amd. Sec. 9, Ch. 125, L. 1983; amd. Sec. 2, Ch. 115, L. 2005.