22-3-102. Definitions. As used in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Committee" means the executive committee of the board of trustees of the Montana historical society.
(2) "Historic records" means manuscripts, papers, maps, charts, journals, diaries, photographs, business records, voice recordings, films, video tapes, or other records illustrative of the history of Montana in particular and generally of the region.
(3) "Historic records network" means an agreement between the Montana historical society and the Montana university system to facilitate exchange and cooperation in the use, acquisition, and preservation of historic records.
(4) "Society" means the Montana historical society and includes:
(a) the historical library and its contents;
(b) any museums and art galleries and their contents acquired by the trustees;
(c) any historical places, sites, or monuments acquired or developed by the society;
(d) any divisions, departments, and activities operated in conjunction with the historical library as are established by the trustees; and
(e) any books, papers, maps, charts, manuscripts, photographs, writings, records, objects of history and art, paintings, engravings, relics, collections of artifacts and minerals, furniture, or fixtures acquired by the trustees.
(5) "Trustees" means the board of trustees of the Montana historical society.
History: En. Sec. 2, Ch. 47, L. 1963; amd. Sec. 5, Ch. 3, L. 1977; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 366, L. 1977; R.C.M. 1947, 44-517.