Clickable Image

     23-2-802. Exemptions. The provisions of this part do not apply to:
     (1) an off-highway vehicle owned or used by the United States or another state or an agency or political subdivision of the United States or another state;
     (2) an off-highway vehicle registered in an adjacent state of the United States if:
     (a) that state does not require payment of a fee to use off-highway vehicles registered in Montana in that state; and
     (b) the off-highway vehicle is temporarily used within this state for not more than 30 days; or
     (3) a licensed motorcycle or licensed quadricycle used for fishing and hiking access, camping, or picnicking on a visible two-track trail or road within 1 mile of a designated road.

     History: En. Sec. 2, Ch. 578, L. 1987; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 423, L. 1991; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 409, L. 2015.

Previous Section MCA Contents Part Contents Search Help Next Section