30-10-1003. (Temporary) Definitions. As used in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Claimant" means a person who files an application for restitution assistance under this part on behalf of a victim. The claimant and the victim may be the same but do not have to be the same. The term includes the named party in a restitution award in a final order, the executor of a named party in a restitution award in a final order, and the heirs and assigns of a named party in a restitution award in a final order.
(2) "Department" means the office of the securities commissioner established in 2-15-1901.
(3) "Final order" means a final order issued by the commissioner or a final order in a legal action initiated by the commissioner.
(4) "Fund" means the securities restitution assistance fund created by 30-10-1004.
(5) "Securities violation" means a violation of this chapter and any related administrative rules.
(6) "Victim" means a person who was awarded restitution in a final order.
(7) "Vulnerable person" means:
(a) a person who is at least 60 years of age;
(b) a person who suffers from mental impairment because of frailties or dependencies typically related to advanced age, such as dementia or memory loss; or
(c) a person who has a developmental disability as defined in 53-20-102. (Terminates June 30, 2017--sec. 16, Ch. 58, L. 2011.)
History: En. Sec. 3, Ch. 58, L. 2011; amd. Sec. 4, Ch. 28, L. 2015.