Clickable Image

     32-2-261. Foreign associations -- requirements. (1) An association, as defined in 32-2-103, organized under the laws of any other state, of the United States, or of any foreign government shall, before doing business in this state, file with the secretary of state and the department a duly authenticated copy of their charter, articles of incorporation, or articles of agreement and also a statement, verified by oath of the president and secretary of the corporation or managing officials if other than a corporation and duly verified, showing:
     (a) the name of the association and the location of its principal office or place of business outside this state and the location of the place of business or principal office in this state;
     (b) the names and residences of the officers, trustees, or directors;
     (c) the amount of capital stock, if any, and savings liability;
     (d) the amount of capital invested in the state of Montana.
     (2) The association shall also file, at the same time and in the same offices, a certificate, signed by its president, vice-president, or other acting head and by its secretary, if there is one, certifying that the association has consented to all the license laws and other laws of this state relative to foreign associations and has consented to be sued in the courts of this state upon all causes of action arising against it in this state and that service of process may be made upon a citizen of this state, whose name and place of residence shall be designated in the certificate. Service of process on that agent is valid service on the association.

     History: En. Sec. 29, Ch. 57, L. 1927; re-en. Sec. 6355.30, R.C.M. 1935; amd. Sec. 80, Ch. 431, L. 1975; R.C.M. 1947, 7-131; amd. Sec. 10, Ch. 5, L. 1983; MCA 1981, 32-2-221; redes. 32-2-261 by Code Commissioner, 1983.

Previous Section MCA Contents Part Contents Search Help Next Section