33-7-108. Definitions. As used in this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Benefit contract" means the agreement for provision of authorized benefits described in 33-7-520.
(2) "Benefit member" means an adult member who is designated by the laws or rules of the society to be a benefit member under a benefit contract.
(3) "Certificate" means the document issued as written evidence of the benefit contract.
(4) "Laws" means the society's articles of incorporation, charter, constitution, and bylaws.
(5) "Lodge" means subordinate member units of the society, known as camps, courts, councils, or branches or by any other designation.
(6) "Premiums" means premiums, rates, dues, or other required contributions that are payable under the certificate.
(7) "Rules" means all rules, regulations, or resolutions that are adopted by the supreme governing body or board of directors and that are intended to have general application to the members of the society.
(8) "Society" means a fraternal benefit society described in 33-7-105. The term includes an order or supreme lodge.
History: En. Sec. 4, Ch. 586, L. 1991.