Clickable Image

     35-1-1028. Application for certificate of authority. A foreign corporation may apply for a certificate of authority to transact business in this state by delivering an application to the secretary of state for filing. The application must set forth:
     (1) the name of the foreign corporation or, if its name is unavailable for use in this state, a corporate name that satisfies the requirements of 35-1-1031;
     (2) the name of the state, tribe, or country under whose law it is incorporated;
     (3) its date of incorporation and period of duration;
     (4) the business mailing address of its principal office;
     (5) the information required by 35-7-105(1);
     (6) the names and usual business addresses of its current directors and officers;
     (7) the purpose or purposes of the corporation that it proposes to pursue in the transaction of business in this state; and
     (8) a statement that the foreign corporation has complied with the organizational laws in the jurisdiction in which it is organized and that the foreign corporation exists in that jurisdiction.

     History: En. Sec. 162, Ch. 368, L. 1991; amd. Sec. 27, Ch. 240, L. 2007; amd. Sec. 9, Ch. 26, L. 2011; amd. Sec. 3, Ch. 42, L. 2015; amd. Sec. 4, Ch. 280, L. 2015.

Previous Section MCA Contents Part Contents Search Help Next Section