35-10-701. Registration of limited liability partnerships. (1) To become a limited liability partnership, a partnership shall file with the secretary of state an application for registration on a form furnished by the secretary of state that indicates an intention to register as a limited liability partnership under this section.
(2) The application for registration of a limited liability partnership must be executed by two or more partners authorized to execute the application and registration and must contain the following information:
(a) the name and business mailing address of the limited liability partnership;
(b) a description of business transacted by the limited liability partnership; and
(c) the name and business mailing address of each of the partners.
(3) The secretary of state shall register as a limited liability partnership any partnership that substantially complies with this section.
(4) A partnership's registration under this section is effective when the secretary of state files the partnership's application for registration under subsection (1) and remains in effect until it is canceled by the secretary of state.
(5) The fact that an application for registration of a limited liability partnership under this section or any renewals of that partnership are on file with the office of the secretary of state is notice that the partnership is a limited liability partnership and is notice of all other facts set forth in the application.
(6) The secretary of state shall provide necessary forms for the registration of a limited liability partnership under subsections (1) and (2) or any renewals of registration.
History: En. Sec. 18, Ch. 449, L. 1995; amd. Sec. 21, Ch. 26, L. 2011; amd. Sec. 6, Ch. 166, L. 2015.