35-12-602. Amendments or restatement of certificate. (1) In order to amend its certificate of limited partnership, a limited partnership shall deliver to the secretary of state for filing an amendment or, pursuant to Title 35, chapter 12, part 15, articles of merger stating:
(a) the name of the limited partnership;
(b) the date of filing of its initial certificate; and
(c) the changes the amendment makes to the certificate as most recently amended or restated.
(2) A limited partnership shall promptly deliver to the secretary of state for filing an amendment to a certificate of limited partnership to reflect:
(a) the admission of a new general partner;
(b) the dissociation of a person as a general partner; or
(c) the appointment of a person to wind up the limited partnership's activities under 35-12-1205(3) or (4).
(3) A general partner that knows that any information in a filed certificate of limited partnership was false when the certificate was filed or has become false due to changed circumstances shall promptly:
(a) cause the certificate to be amended; or
(b) if appropriate, deliver to the secretary of state for filing a statement of change pursuant to 35-7-110 or a statement of correction pursuant to 35-12-616.
(4) A certificate of limited partnership may be amended at any time for any other proper purpose as determined by the limited partnership.
(5) A restated certificate of limited partnership may be delivered to the secretary of state for filing in the same manner as an amendment.
(6) Subject to 35-12-614(3), an amendment or restated certificate is effective when filed by the secretary of state.
History: En. Sec. 12, Ch. 522, L. 1981; amd. Sec. 9, Ch. 268, L. 1997; amd. Sec. 16, Ch. 216, L. 2011.