Clickable Image

     35-2-822. Application for certificate of authority. A foreign corporation may apply for a certificate of authority to transact business in this state by delivering an application to the secretary of state. The application must set forth:
     (1) the name of the foreign corporation or, if its name is unavailable for use in this state, a corporate name that satisfies the requirements of 35-2-826;
     (2) the name of the state, tribe, or country under whose law it is incorporated;
     (3) the date of incorporation and period of duration;
     (4) the business mailing address of its principal office;
     (5) the information required by 35-7-105(1);
     (6) the names and business mailing addresses of its current directors and officers;
     (7) whether the foreign corporation has members;
     (8) whether the foreign corporation, if it had been incorporated in this state, would be a public benefit corporation, mutual benefit corporation, or religious corporation;
     (9) the purpose or purposes of the foreign corporation that it proposes to pursue in the transaction of business in this state; and
     (10) a statement that the foreign corporation has complied with the organizational laws in the jurisdiction in which it is organized and that the foreign corporation exists in that jurisdiction.

     History: En. Sec. 149, Ch. 411, L. 1991; amd. Sec. 45, Ch. 240, L. 2007; amd. Sec. 13, Ch. 26, L. 2011; amd. Sec. 6, Ch. 42, L. 2015; amd. Sec. 11, Ch. 280, L. 2015.

Previous Section MCA Contents Part Contents Search Help Next Section