Clickable Image

     35-8-1003. Application for certificate of authority. A foreign limited liability company may apply for a certificate of authority to transact business in this state by delivering an application to the secretary of state for filing. The application must set forth:
     (1) the name of the foreign limited liability company or, if its name is unavailable for use in this state, a name that satisfies the requirements of 35-8-1009;
     (2) the name of the jurisdiction under whose law it is organized;
     (3) its date of organization and period of duration;
     (4) the business mailing address of its principal office, wherever located;
     (5) the information required by 35-7-105(1);
     (6) the names and business mailing addresses of its current managers, if different from its members;
     (7) a statement that the foreign limited liability company has complied with the organizational laws in the jurisdiction in which it is organized and that the foreign limited liability company exists in that jurisdiction; and
     (8) if the foreign limited liability company has one or more series of members, the name of each series of members. A copy of the operating agreement of each series of members must be included with the application.

     History: En. Sec. 57, Ch. 120, L. 1993; amd. Sec. 60, Ch. 240, L. 2007; amd. Sec. 19, Ch. 26, L. 2011; amd. Sec. 8, Ch. 42, L. 2015; amd. Sec. 5, Ch. 166, L. 2015.

Previous Section MCA Contents Part Contents Search Help Next Section