37-13-201. Powers and duties. In addition to all other powers and duties conferred and imposed upon the board by this chapter, the board shall have and exercise the following powers and duties:
(1) to promulgate, under the applicable provisions of the Montana Administrative Procedure Act, rules which it determines to be necessary to carry out the provisions of this chapter;
(2) to adopt a schedule of minimum educational requirements, not inconsistent with the provisions of this chapter;
(3) to prescribe forms for application for examination and license;
(4) to prepare and supervise examination of applicants for license to practice acupuncture;
(5) to obtain the services of professional examination agencies in lieu of its own preparation of the examinations;
(6) to issue, revoke, and suspend licenses as hereinafter provided;
(7) to hold hearings, issue subpoenas, administer oaths, and take testimony and proofs concerning all matters within its jurisdiction;
(8) to issue commissions to take depositions of witnesses who are sick or absent from the state; and
(9) to adopt a seal, which shall be affixed to all licenses issued by the board and other official papers.
History: En. 66-3405 by Sec. 5, Ch. 317, L. 1974; R.C.M. 1947, 66-3405.