37-20-401. Definitions. As used in this chapter, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Board" means the Montana state board of medical examiners established in 2-15-1731.
(2) "Duties and delegation agreement" means a written contract between the supervising physician and the physician assistant that meets the requirements of 37-20-301.
(3) "Physician assistant" means a member of a health care team, licensed by the board, who provides medical services that may include but are not limited to examination, diagnosis, prescription of medications, and treatment under the supervision of a physician licensed by the board.
(4) "Supervising physician" means a medical doctor or doctor of osteopathy licensed by the board who agrees to a supervision agreement and a duties and delegation agreement.
(5) "Supervision agreement" means a written agreement between a supervising physician and a physician assistant providing for the supervision of the physician assistant.
History: En. Sec. 1, Ch. 97, L. 1989; amd. Sec. 14, Ch. 519, L. 2005.