37-47-325. (Temporary) Outfitter's assistants -- exemption from licensing. (1) An outfitter may hire or retain an outfitter's assistant.
(2) An outfitter's assistant is not required to obtain a license under this chapter.
(3) The outfitter's assistant must carry proof of employment as provided in 37-47-404(4)(b) pending adoption of proof of employment by the board by rule.
(4) (a) An outfitter who employs or retains an outfitter's assistant is responsible for ensuring that the outfitter's assistant:
(i) safeguards the public health, safety, and welfare while providing services; and
(ii) is qualified and competent to perform the tasks of a guide.
(b) The board shall hold an outfitter who employs or retains an outfitter's assistant responsible under the provisions of 37-1-316, 37-47-341, and 37-47-402 for any acts or omissions by the outfitter's assistant in the ordinary course and scope of duties assigned by the outfitter.
(5) The outfitter's assistant may not be employed or retained by an outfitter for more than 15 days in a calendar year unless the outfitter's assistant is actively obtaining a guide's license pursuant to this part and the board determines that the license application is routine for purposes of 37-1-101.
(6) An outfitter may use more than one outfitter's assistant in a calendar year.
(7) An outfitter's assistant may be employed or retained by an outfitter on more than one occasion in a calendar year if:
(a) the outfitter's assistant is not employed or retained for more than 15 days as an outfitter's assistant in that calendar year; or
(b) the outfitter's assistant is actively obtaining a guide's license and the board determines that the license application is routine for purposes of 37-1-101. (Terminates December 31, 2017--sec. 1, Ch. 136, L. 2015.)
History: En. Sec. 1, Ch. 241, L. 2013.