41-5-122. Duties of youth placement committee. A youth placement committee shall:
(1) review all information relevant to the placement of a youth;
(2) consider available resources appropriate to meet the needs of the youth;
(3) consider the treatment recommendations of any professional person who has evaluated the youth;
(4) consider options for the financial support of the youth;
(5) recommend in writing to the youth court judge or the department an appropriate placement for the youth, considering the age and treatment needs of the youth and the relative costs of care in facilities considered appropriate for placement. A committee shall consider placement in a licensed facility, at a state youth correctional facility, or with a parent, other family member, or guardian.
(6) review temporary and emergency placements as required under 41-5-124; and
(7) conduct placement reviews at least every 6 months and at other times as requested by the youth court.
History: En. Sec. 16, Ch. 609, L. 1987; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 399, L. 1989; amd. Sec. 2, Ch. 403, L. 1995; Sec. 41-5-526, MCA 1995; redes. 41-5-122 by Sec. 47, Ch. 286, L. 1997; amd. Sec. 3, Ch. 587, L. 2001.