44-4-1002. Establishment of methamphetamine watch program. The department shall establish a methamphetamine watch program to:
(1) inform retailers of the problems associated with the illicit manufacture and use of methamphetamine in this state;
(2) establish procedures and develop forms for retailers and other persons to use in reporting to law enforcement any incidents of theft, suspicious purchases, or other transactions involving products that may be used in the illicit manufacture of methamphetamine;
(3) increase community awareness of methamphetamine;
(4) encourage retailers, law enforcement, state and local agencies, and other persons to cooperate in efforts to reduce the diversion of legitimate products for use in the illicit manufacture of methamphetamine; and
(5) assist local communities in addressing problems created by the illicit manufacture and use of methamphetamine.
History: En. Sec. 4, Ch. 572, L. 2005.