46-23-1004. Duties of department. The department is responsible for any investigation and supervision requested by the board or the courts for felony offenders. The department shall:
(1) divide the state into districts and assign probation and parole officers to serve in these districts and courts;
(2) obtain any necessary office quarters for the staff in each district;
(3) assign the secretarial, bookkeeping, and accounting work to the clerical employees, including receipt and disbursement of money;
(4) direct the work of the probation and parole officers and other employees;
(5) formulate methods of investigation, supervision, recordkeeping, and reports;
(6) conduct training courses for the staff;
(7) cooperate with all agencies, public and private, that are concerned with the treatment or welfare of persons on probation or parole;
(8) administer the Interstate Compact for Adult Offender Supervision; and
(9) notify the employer of a probationer or parolee if the probationer or parolee has been convicted of an offense involving theft from an employer.
History: En. Sec. 8, Ch. 153, L. 1955; Sec. 94-9828, R.C.M. 1947; redes. 95-3210 by Sec. 29, Ch. 513, L. 1973; amd. Sec. 85, Ch. 120, L. 1974; Sec. 95-3210, R.C.M. 1947; amd. and redes. 95-3303 by Sec. 9, Ch. 333, L. 1975; R.C.M. 1947, 95-3303; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 499, L. 1995; amd. Sec. 3, Ch. 493, L. 2001; amd. Sec. 93, Ch. 114, L. 2003.