50-11-101. Definitions. As used in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Embryo" means an organism of the species Homo sapiens from the single cell stage to 8 weeks of development.
(2) "Fetus" means an organism of the species Homo sapiens from 8 weeks of development until complete expulsion or extraction from a woman's body or removal from an artificial womb or other similar environment designed to nurture the development of the organism.
(3) "Oocyte" means the human female germ cell, the egg.
(4) "Reproductive human cloning" means human cloning intended to result in the gestation or birth of a child who is genetically identical to another conceptus, embryo, fetus, or human being, living or dead.
(5) "Somatic cell" means a diploid cell, having a complete set of chromosomes, obtained or derived from a living or deceased human body at any stage of development.
History: En. Sec. 1, Ch. 126, L. 2009.