50-32-224. Specific dangerous drugs included in Schedule II. Schedule II consists of the drugs and other substances, by whatever official, common, usual, chemical, or brand name designated, listed in this section.
(1) Substances, vegetable origin or chemical synthesis. Unless specifically excepted or listed in another schedule, any of the following substances, whether produced directly or indirectly by extraction from substances of vegetable origin, independently by means of chemical synthesis, or by a combination of extraction and chemical synthesis, are included in this category:
(a) opium and opiate and any salt, compound, derivative, or preparation of opium or opiate, excluding apomorphine, thebaine-derived butorphanol, dextrorphan, nalbuphine, nalmefene, naloxone, and naltrexone and their respective salts, but including the following:
(i) raw opium;
(ii) opium extracts;
(iii) opium fluid;
(iv) powdered opium;
(v) granulated opium;
(vi) tincture of opium;
(x) etorphine hydrochloride;
(xvii) oxymorphone; and
(b) any salt, compound, derivative, or preparation of them that is chemically equivalent or identical with any of the substances referred to in subsection (1)(a), except that these substances do not include the isoquinoline alkaloids of opium;
(c) opium poppy and poppy straw;
(d) coca leaves and any salt, compound, derivative, or preparation of coca leaves, including cocaine and ecgonine and their salts, isomers, derivatives, and salts of isomers, and derivatives, and any salt, compound, derivative, or preparation of them that is chemically equivalent or identical with any of these substances, except that these substances do not include decocainized coca leaves or extraction of coca leaves, which extractions do not contain cocaine or ecgonine; and
(e) concentrate of poppy straw, the crude extract of poppy straw in either liquid, solid, or powder form that contains the phenanthrene alkaloids of the opium poppy.
(2) Opiates. Unless specifically excepted or listed in another schedule, any of the following are opiates, including isomers, esters, ethers, salts, and salts of isomers, esters, and ethers whenever the existence of those isomers, esters, ethers, and salts is possible within the specific chemical designation, dextrorphan and levopropoxyphene excepted:
(e) bulk dextropropoxyphene (nondosage forms);
(k) levo-alphacetylmethadol, also known as levo-alpha-acetylmethadol, levomethadyl acetate, and LAAM;
(p) methadone-intermediate, 4-cyano-2-dimethylamino-4, 4-diphenyl butane;
(q) moramide-intermediate, 2-methyl-3-morpholino-1, 1-diphenylpropane-carboxylic acid;
(r) pethidine, also known as meperidine;
(s) pethidine-intermediate-A, 4-cyano-1-methyl-4-phenylpiperidine;
(t) pethidine-intermediate-B, ethyl-4-phenylpiperidine-4-carboxylate;
(u) pethidine-intermediate-C, 1-methyl-4-phenylpiperidine-4-carboxylic acid;
(aa) sufentanil; and
(3) Stimulants. Unless specifically excepted or listed in another schedule, any material, compound, mixture, or preparation that contains any quantity of the following substances is a stimulant having a stimulant effect on the central nervous system:
(a) amphetamine, its salts, optical isomers, and salts of its optical isomers;
(b) phenmetrazine and its salts;
(c) lisdexamfetamine, its salts, isomers, and salts of its isomers;
(d) methamphetamine, its salts, isomers, and salts of its isomers; and
(4) Depressants. Unless specifically excepted or listed in another schedule, any material, compound, mixture, or preparation that contains any quantity of the following substances is a depressant having a depressant effect on the central nervous system, including salts, isomers, and salts of isomers whenever the existence of those salts, isomers, and salts of isomers is possible within the specific chemical designation:
(d) phencyclidine; and
(5) Hallucinogenic substances include the following:
(a) dronabinol (synthetic) in sesame oil and encapsulated in a soft gelatin capsule in a United States food and drug administration-approved drug product, also known as (6-alpha-R-trans)-6-alpha,7,8,10-alpha-tetrahydro-6,6,9-trimethyl -3-pentyl- 6H-dibenzo [b, d]pyran-1-ol or (-)-delta-9-(trans)-tetrahydrocannabinol;
(b) nabilone, also known as (levo-dextro)-trans-3-(1, 1-dimethylheptyl)-6,6-alpha,7,8,10,10-alpha-hexahydro-1-hydroxy-6 ,6-dimethyl-9H-dibenzo[b, d] pyran-9-one.
(6) Immediate precursors. Unless specifically excepted or listed in another schedule, any material, compound, mixture, or preparation that contains any quantity of the following substances is an immediate precursor:
(a) 4-Anilino-N-phenethyl-4-piperidine (ANPP);
(b) phenylacetone, an immediate precursor to amphetamine and methamphetamine, also known as phenyl-2-propanone, P2P, benzyl methyl ketone, and methyl benzyl ketone; and
(c) 1-phenylcyclohexylamine and 1-piperidinocyclohexanecarbonitrile (PCC), immediate precursors to phencyclidine (PCP).
History: En. Sec. 7, Ch. 412, L. 1973; R.C.M. 1947, 54-307; amd. Sec. 2, Ch. 141, L. 1983; amd. Sec. 2, Ch. 36, L. 1991; amd. Sec. 3, Ch. 113, L. 1997; amd. Sec. 7, Ch. 135, L. 2013.