52-3-101. Functions of department of public health and human services. The department of public health and human services shall:
(1) consult with and advise organized efforts by communities, organizations, associations, and groups that are working toward any forms of assistance to problems of aging;
(2) study and identify problems of aging;
(3) review existing programs for the aging and make recommendations to the governor and the legislature for improvements in the programs;
(4) encourage the sponsorship of community projects which will seek to make optimum use of the time and talents of retired persons;
(5) coordinate, through area councils on aging, the delivery of community-based care, including but not limited to home health care, homemaker services, foster home care, nutrition, transportation, winterization, information and referral, and recreation.
History: En. Sec. 4, Ch. 73, L. 1965; amd. Sec. 4, Ch. 12, L. 1967; Sec. 82-3504, R.C.M. 1947; amd. and redes. 71-2001 by Sec. 43, Ch. 121, L. 1974; R.C.M. 1947, 71-2301; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 665, L. 1979; amd. Sec. 11, Ch. 609, L. 1987; Sec. 53-5-101, MCA 1989; redes. 52-3-101 by Code Commissioner, 1991; amd. Sec. 353, Ch. 546, L. 1995; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 435, L. 1999.