53-2-902. Definitions. As used in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Department" means the department of public health and human services provided in Title 2, chapter 15, part 22.
(2) "Employment and training demonstration project" means the employment and training program for recipients of financial assistance who are participating in the FAIM project.
(3) "FAIM project" means the families achieving independence in Montana project, including the financial assistance part, a food stamp part administered pursuant to the Food Stamp Act of 1977, 7 U.S.C. 2026, and a medicaid part administered pursuant to the Social Security Act, 42 U.S.C. 1315.
(4) (a) "Financial assistance" means the programs funded, in part, with temporary assistance for needy families, as provided in 45 CFR 260.31(a).
(b) The term does not include nonfinancial assistance.
(5) "Food stamp program" means the provision of food stamp benefits that can be used to purchase food to low-income persons pursuant to the Food Stamp Act Amendments of 1980, 7 U.S.C. 2011, et seq.
(6) "Nonfinancial assistance" means the programs funded, in part, with temporary assistance for needy families, as provided in 45 CFR 260.31(b).
(7) "Temporary assistance for needy families" means the block grant established pursuant to 42 U.S.C. 601, et seq.
History: En. Sec. 12, Ch. 491, L. 1995; amd. Sec. 12, Ch. 486, L. 1997; amd. Sec. 14, Ch. 465, L. 2001.