53-21-1107. (Temporary) Montana suicide review team -- membership -- meetings. (1) The Montana suicide review team consists of:
(a) six members appointed by the governor; and
(b) the suicide prevention officer provided for in 53-21-1101, who shall serve as a nonvoting member.
(2) (a) The governor shall appoint as members of the team:
(i) one psychiatrist licensed under Title 37, chapter 3;
(ii) one psychologist licensed under Title 37, chapter 17;
(iii) one clinical social worker licensed under Title 37, chapter 22, or one clinical professional counselor licensed under Title 37, chapter 23; and
(iv) one member of the clergy as defined in 15-6-201.
(b) The governor shall appoint two members from among the following:
(i) a nurse licensed under Title 37, chapter 8, to practice as a registered professional nurse or as an advanced practice registered nurse;
(ii) a physician assistant licensed under Title 37, chapter 20;
(iii) a representative of a tribal health department nominated by the tribal government;
(iv) a representative of the U.S. department of veterans affairs;
(v) a representative of an organization that advocates for individuals with mental illness and their family members;
(vi) a law enforcement representative;
(vii) a forensic pathologist; or
(viii) a county coroner.
(3) Appointed members shall serve a term of 3 years and may be reappointed.
(4) The suicide review team shall meet at least eight times a year.
(5) Members of the suicide review team who are not employees of a public agency may be paid a stipend.
(6) (a) Except as provided in subsection (6)(b), members are eligible for reimbursement for travel expenses as provided for in 2-18-501 through 2-18-503.
(b) A member who is an employee of a public agency may be reimbursed for travel and meal expenses only if the member travels to a meeting held in a location other than the location where the member lives or is employed.
(7) The suicide review team is attached to the department for administrative purposes only under 2-15-121. (Terminates June 30, 2016--sec. 16, ch. 353, L. 2013.)
History: En. Sec. 3, Ch. 353, L. 2013.