Clickable Image

     61-6-121. Courts to report nonpayment of judgments. (1) Whenever a person fails within 60 days to satisfy a judgment, upon the written request of the judgment creditor or the creditor's attorney, the clerk of the court, or of the judge of a court that does not have a clerk, in which any judgment is rendered within this state shall forward to the department immediately after the expiration of the 60 days a certified copy of the judgment.
     (2) If the defendant named in any certified copy of a judgment reported to the department is a nonresident, the department shall transmit a certified copy of the judgment to the official in charge of the issuance of licenses and registration certificates of the state of which the defendant is a resident.

     History: En. Sec. 12, Ch. 204, L. 1951; R.C.M. 1947, 53-429; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 503, L. 1985; amd. Sec. 1949, Ch. 56, L. 2009.

Previous Section MCA Contents Part Contents Search Help Next Section