Clickable Image

     61-6-132. Alternate methods of giving proof. (1) Proof of financial responsibility when required under this part with respect to a motor vehicle or with respect to a person who is not the owner of a motor vehicle may be given by filing:
     (a) a certificate of insurance as provided in 61-6-133 or 61-6-134;
     (b) a bond as provided in 61-6-137;
     (c) a certificate or deposit of money or securities as provided in 61-6-138; or
     (d) a certificate of self-insurance, as provided in 61-6-143, supplemented by an agreement by the self-insurer that, with respect to accidents occurring while the certificate is in force, the self-insurer will pay the same judgments and in the same amounts that an insurer would have been obligated to pay under an owner's motor vehicle liability policy if it had issued a policy to the self-insurer.
     (2) A motor vehicle may not be or continue to be registered in the name of any person required to file proof of financial responsibility unless the proof is furnished for the motor vehicle.

     History: En. Sec. 18, Ch. 204, L. 1951; R.C.M. 1947, 53-435; amd. Sec. 1951, Ch. 56, L. 2009.

Previous Section MCA Contents Part Contents Search Help Next Section