69-3-901. Definitions. As used in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Commission" means the Montana public service commission.
(2) "Rate" means a charge by a small telecommunications provider to a subscriber for the initiation or continued provision of regulated telecommunications service. The term includes but is not limited to charges for installations, local service, toll service, directory assistance, and late payment.
(3) "Rate increase" means an increase in the rates for regulated telecommunications services provided by a small telecommunications provider and the creation of new rates.
(4) "Regulated telecommunications service" is as defined in 69-3-803.
(5) "Small telecommunications provider" means a person, partnership, corporation, or other entity providing regulated telecommunications service to less than 12,000 subscribers in Montana. Rural telephone cooperatives organized under Title 35, chapter 18, are not small telecommunications providers.
(6) "Subscriber" means a person, partnership, corporation, or other entity acquiring regulated telecommunications service from a small telecommunications provider. There is one subscriber for each billed line of a small telecommunications provider.
History: En. Sec. 1, Ch. 254, L. 1987; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 154, L. 1999.