7-1-4123. Legislative powers. A municipality with general powers has the legislative power, subject to the provisions of state law, to adopt, amend, and repeal ordinances and resolutions required to:
(1) preserve peace and order and secure freedom from dangerous or noxious activities;
(2) secure and promote the general public health and welfare;
(3) provide any service or perform any function authorized or required by state law;
(4) exercise any power granted by state law;
(5) subject to 15-10-420, levy any tax authorized by state law for public or governmental purposes as described in 7-6-2527;
(6) appropriate public funds;
(7) impose a special assessment reasonably related to the cost of any special service or special benefit provided by the municipality or impose a fee for the provision of a service;
(8) grant franchises; and
(9) provide for its own organization and the management of its affairs.
History: En. Sec. 24, Ch. 455, L. 1979; amd. Sec. 6, Ch. 584, L. 1999; amd. Sec. 2, Ch. 453, L. 2005.