7-12-1103. Definitions. As used in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Appointing authority" means the mayor in the case of a municipality, the board of county commissioners in the case of a county, or the chief executive of a consolidated city-county government.
(2) "Board" means the board of trustees created in 7-12-1121.
(3) "Business" means all types of business, including professions.
(4) "District" means a business improvement district created under this part.
(5) "Governing body" means the legislative body of a local government.
(6) "Local government" means a municipality, a county, or a consolidated city-county government.
(7) "Owner" means a person in whom appears the legal title to real property by deed recorded in the county records or a person in possession of real property under claim of ownership for the person or as the personal representative, agent, or guardian of the owner.
History: En. Sec. 3, Ch. 656, L. 1985; amd. Sec. 17, Ch. 370, L. 1987; amd. Sec. 527, Ch. 61, L. 2007.