7-13-2201. Definitions. Unless the context clearly requires otherwise, as used in this part and part 23, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Board" or "board of directors" means the board of directors of the district elected or appointed as provided in 7-13-2231.
(2) "County" means one or more counties and includes a city within the county or counties.
(3) "District" means a district formed under the provisions of this part and part 23. A district is a unit of local government separate and distinct from a municipality, but a district may be treated as a municipality when applying for a grant, a loan, or other financial assistance from the state.
(4) "Municipality" means a municipality or a consolidated city and county, city, or town and includes all corporations organized for municipal purposes within a district.
(5) "Qualified elector" means a person who meets the criteria under 7-13-2212.
History: En. Sec. 32, Ch. 242, L. 1957; amd. Sec. 11, Ch. 167, L. 1965; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 263, L. 1967; R.C.M. 1947, 16-4532(part); amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 160, L. 1993; amd. Sec. 118, Ch. 49, L. 2015.