7-3-304. Duties of manager. The manager shall:
(1) enforce laws, ordinances, and resolutions;
(2) perform the duties required by law, ordinance, or resolution;
(3) administer the affairs of the local government;
(4) direct, supervise, and administer all departments, agencies, and offices of the local government unit except as otherwise provided by law or ordinance;
(5) carry out policies established by the commission;
(6) prepare the commission agenda;
(7) recommend measures to the commission;
(8) report to the commission on the affairs and financial condition of the local government;
(9) execute bonds, notes, contracts, and written obligations of the commission, subject to the approval of the commission;
(10) report to the commission as the commission may require;
(11) attend commission meetings and may take part in the discussion but may not vote;
(12) prepare and present the budget to the commission for its approval and execute the budget adopted by the commission;
(13) appoint, suspend, and remove all employees of the local government except as otherwise provided by law or ordinance;
(14) appoint members of temporary advisory committees established by the manager.
History: En. 47A-3-204 by Sec. 1, Ch. 344, L. 1975; amd. Sec. 2, Ch. 351, L. 1977; R.C.M. 1947, 47A-3-204(part); amd. Sec. 301, Ch. 61, L. 2007.