7-32-2241. Definitions. As used in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Detention center" means a facility established and maintained by an appropriate entity for the purpose of confining arrested persons or persons sentenced to the detention center.
(2) "Detention center administrator" means the sheriff, chief of police, administrator, superintendent, director, or other individual serving as the chief executive officer of a detention center.
(3) "Detention center staff" means custodial personnel whose duties include ongoing supervision of the inmates in a detention center.
(4) "Inmate" means a person who is confined in a detention center.
(5) "Local government" means a city, town, county, or consolidated city-county government.
(6) "Multijurisdictional detention center" means a detention center established and maintained by two or more local governments for the confinement of persons arrested or sentenced to confinement or a local government detention center contracting to confine persons arrested or sentenced in other local governments.
(7) "Private detention center" means a detention center owned by private industry and leased to or operated under a contract with a local government.
History: En. Sec. 1, Ch. 461, L. 1989.