76-15-105. Duties of department. In addition to the duties hereinafter conferred upon the department, it shall:
(1) offer assistance as may be appropriate to the supervisors of conservation districts in the carrying out of their powers and programs;
(2) keep the supervisors of each of the several districts informed of the activities and experiences of all other districts and facilitate an interchange of advice and experiences between the districts and cooperation between them;
(3) coordinate the programs of the several conservation districts hereunder so far as this may be done by advice and consultation;
(4) secure the cooperation and assistance of the United States and of agencies of this state in the work of the districts;
(5) disseminate information throughout the state concerning the activities and programs of the conservation districts; and
(6) encourage the formation of districts in areas where their organization is desirable.
History: En. Sec. 4, Ch. 72, L. 1939; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 21, L. 1951; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 47, L. 1967; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 291, L. 1969; amd. Sec. 3, Ch. 431, L. 1971; amd. Sec. 89, Ch. 253, L. 1974; R.C.M. 1947, 76-104.