76-3-102. Statement of purpose. It is the purpose of this chapter to:
(1) promote the public health, safety, and general welfare by regulating the subdivision of land;
(2) prevent overcrowding of land;
(3) lessen congestion in the streets and highways;
(4) provide for adequate light, air, water supply, sewage disposal, parks and recreation areas, ingress and egress, and other public requirements;
(5) require development in harmony with the natural environment;
(6) promote preservation of open space;
(7) promote cluster development approaches that minimize costs to local citizens and that promote effective and efficient provision of public services;
(8) protect the rights of property owners; and
(9) require uniform monumentation of land subdivisions and transferring interests in real property by reference to a plat or certificate of survey.
History: En. Sec. 2, Ch. 500, L. 1973; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 498, L. 1975; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 552, L. 1977; R.C.M. 1947, 11-3860; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 272, L. 1993; amd. Sec. 2, Ch. 468, L. 1995; amd. Sec. 2, Ch. 348, L. 2001.