90-1-403. Definitions. As used in this part, unless the context requires otherwise, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Account" means the Montana land information account created in 90-1-409.
(2) "Council" means the land information advisory council established in 90-1-405.
(3) "Digital format" means information that is scanned, electronically drawn, layered through the GIS, or digitized by other electronic methods.
(4) "Geographic information system" or "GIS" means an organized collection of computer hardware, software, land information, and other resources, including personnel, that is designed to or assists to efficiently collect, maintain, and disseminate all forms of geographically referenced information.
(5) "Land information" means data that describes the geographic location and characteristics of natural or constructed features and boundaries within or pertaining to Montana.
(6) "State librarian" means the executive officer of the state library commission provided for in 22-1-102.
(7) "State library" means the state library provided for in 22-1-201.
History: En. Sec. 3, Ch. 135, L. 2005; amd. Sec. 4, Ch. 175, L. 2013.