90-6-402. Definitions. As used in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Affected local government unit" means a local government unit that will experience a need to increase services or facilities as a result of the commencement of large-scale mineral development or within which a large-scale mineral development is located in accordance with an impact plan adopted pursuant to 90-6-307.
(2) "Board" means the hard-rock mining impact board established in 2-15-1822.
(3) "Jurisdictional revenue disparity" means property tax revenues resulting from a large-scale hard-rock mineral development that are inequitably distributed among affected local government units as finally determined by the board in an approved impact plan.
(4) "Large-scale mineral development", for the purposes of this part, is defined in 90-6-302.
(5) "Local government unit", for the purposes of this part, means a county, municipality, or school district.
(6) "Mineral development employee" means a person who resides within the jurisdiction of an affected local government unit as a result of employment with a large-scale mineral development or its contractors or subcontractors.
(7) "Mineral development student" means a student whose parent or guardian resides within the jurisdiction of an affected local government unit as a result of employment with a large-scale mineral development or its contractors or subcontractors.
(8) "Taxable valuation" of a mineral development means the total of the gross proceeds taxable percentage specified in 15-6-132(2) when added to the taxable percentages of real property, improvements, machinery, equipment, and other property classified under Title 15, chapter 6, part 1.
History: En. Sec. 2, Ch. 635, L. 1983; amd. Sec. 88, Ch. 11, Sp. L. June 1989.