90-6-702. Purpose. The purpose of the treasure state endowment program is to assist local governments in funding infrastructure projects that will:
(1) create jobs for Montana residents;
(2) promote economic growth in Montana by helping to finance the necessary infrastructure;
(3) encourage local public facility improvements;
(4) create a partnership between the state and local governments to make necessary public projects affordable;
(5) support long-term, stable economic growth in Montana;
(6) protect future generations from undue fiscal burdens caused by financing necessary public works;
(7) coordinate and improve infrastructure financing by federal, state, local government, and private sources; and
(8) enhance the quality of life and protect the health, safety, and welfare of Montana citizens.
History: En. Sec. 2, Ch. 3, Sp. L. January 1992.