2-15-1758. Board of real estate appraisers. (1) There is a board of real estate appraisers.
(2) The board consists of seven members appointed by the governor with the consent of the senate.
(3) Five members must be licensed or certified real estate appraisers for a minimum of 3 years, and two members must be representatives of the public who are not engaged in the occupation of real estate appraisal.
(4) A screening panel of the board, established pursuant to 37-1-307, must be composed of at least three members and shall include one member of the board who represents the public and is not engaged in the occupation of real estate appraisal. Any determination that a licensee has violated a statute or rule in a manner that justifies disciplinary proceedings must be concurred in by a majority of the members of the screening panel.
(5) Members shall serve staggered 3-year terms. A member may not serve for more than three consecutive terms.
(6) The board is allocated to the department for administrative purposes only, as prescribed in 2-15-121.
(7) A board member may be removed from the board by the governor for neglect or cause.
(8) The board shall meet at least once each calendar quarter to transact its business.
(9) The board shall elect a presiding officer from among its members.
(10) A board member must receive compensation and travel expenses, as provided in 37-1-133.