Montana State Legislature
Upcoming Meeting Dates:
No future meetings scheduled at this time. The EQC concluded its interim on September 10, 2020.
At its last meeting of the interim, the Environmental Quality Council adopted the below bill drafts as committee legislation for the 2021 session and finalized reports for its major studies. The final versions of the reports will be posted as they are published.
EQC 2019-2020 Interim Study Reports:
- Tracking the Spread: the Continued Fight Against CWD in Montana
- HJ 38: Powering Down - Decommissioning Energy Generation Facilities in Montana
- SJ 30: Where Are They Now? Studying the Release of Fish and Wildlife Locations
- SJ 20: The Fate of Wilderness Study Areas
EQC requested legislation for the 2021 session
- SJ 30 study -- clarifying the dissemination of fish and wildlife related information - bill draft
- Mandatory trapper education for certain residents - bill draft
- Revising decontamination requirements for vessels with ballast or bladder - bill draft
Comments for EQC
Thank You for submitting your comments.