Montana State Legislature
General Rule Review Information and Memos
- Overview of Administrative Rule Process
- Rule Review Memos
Committee Objection: MAR Notice 37-909
A majority of committee members notified the chairman in early January 2022 that they objected to MAR Notice No. 37-909, proposing rules for Category D assisted living facilities and making other changes to administrative rules for assisted living facilities. DPHHS discussed the committee's concerns during the January 2022 meeting, and the committee did not continue its objection.
Committee Objection: MAR Notices 37-944 and 37-949
The committee voted at a July 6, 2021, meeting to informally object to two administrative rules related to provider rates. The committee renewed the informal objections at its August 10, 2021, meeting while limiting its objection to MAR Notice No. 37-944 to the maternity and optometry rates contained in that notice.
At its September 22, 2021, meeting, the committee continued its objection to MAR Notice No. 37-944, but limited the objection to the optometry rates in the proposed rule. It did not renew its objection to MAR Notice No. 37-949. The Department of Public Health and Human Services had recently published an amended rulemaking notice for Notice No. 37-949, setting rates for providers of developmental disability services, and committee members said the revised rule addressed their concerns.
- Committee Objection Letter: September 23, 2021
- Committee Objection Letter: August 10, 2021
- Committee Objection Letter: July 6, 2021
MAR Notice No. 37-949
- Amended MAR Notice No. 37-949 (September 10, 2021)
MAR Notice No. 37-944
- Amended MAR Notice No. 37-944 (July 9, 2021)
- DPHHS Materials: Response to CFHHS Questions, August 9, 2021
- Staff Briefing Paper: Committee Options for Rule Review, July 6, 2021