1999-2000 State Administration and Veterans' Affairs Committee
The State Administration, Public Retirement, and Veterans' Affairs interim committee has administrative rule review, program evaluation, and monitoring functions for the following executive branch agencies and the entities attached to the agencies for administrative purposes:
- Department of Administration;
- Department of Military Affairs; and
- Office of the Secretary of State.
- REP. MATT BRAINARD (R) Presiding Officer
- SEN. SUE BARTLETT (D) Vice Presiding Officer
- REP. EDITH CLARK (R)
- REP. TOM DELL (D)
- REP. CAROL WILLIAMS (D)
- SEN. DON HARGROVE (R)
- SEN. E.P. "PETE" EKEGREN (R)
- SEN. GLENN ROUSH (D)
- Disability Benefits in the New Optional Defined Contribution Public Employees' Retirement System, prepared by Sheri S. Heffelfinger, November 2000
- Turning Taxable Wages Into Tax-Free Benefits: Tax-Advantaged Health Care Trust Accounts For Public Employees, prepared by Sheri S. Heffelfinger, November 2000
- Veterans' Services and Youth Challenge, prepared by Sheri S. Heffelfinger, November 2000
- The Party of the First Part: A Review of Montana's State Contracting Laws and Procedures, prepared by David D. Bohyer, December 2000
Individual Staff Reports:
- For the SJR 9 state contracting study:
- Montana Law Governing Government Contracts for Services, John MacMaster, October 1999
- An Introduction to "The Best Interest of the State", Dave Bohyer, October 1999
- Comparison of State Construction Contracts and State Contracts for Services , John MacMaster, November 1999
- Montana Law Relating to State Officer or Employee Interest in or Improper Influence in Regard to a Public Contract, John MacMaster, February 2000
- Narrowing the Focus, Dave Bohyer, March 2000
- Issues and Options Work Sheets, Dave Bohyer, March 2000
- For HB 79 Sec. 63(3)(b) Disability Study:
- For HB 79 Sec. 63(3)(a) Retiree Health Care Study:
- Background Brief: Staff Paper #1: Helping Public Employers and Employees Manage Escalating Health Care Costs: , Sheri Heffelfinger, February 2000
- Options for Financing Retiree Health Benefits: Staff Paper #2: VEBAs and 401(h)s, Sheri Heffelfinger, March 2000
- Retiree Health Costs: Staff Paper #3: Current Statutes Affecting Health Plan Coverage for Public Retirees, Sheri Heffelfinger, June 2000
- For the Military and Veterans' Affairs Subcommittee:
- LC0058: To generally revise state procurement laws.
- LC0197: Appropriating funds to implement state procurement recommendations.
- LC0198: To provide for health care expense trust accounts for active and retired members of PERS.
- LC0199: To provide members of the PERS Defined Contribution retirement plan with a disability benefit.
- LC0200: A resolution requesting a legislative study of specified veterans' issues.
- LC0201: To allow funeral homes to release remains of veterans for interment in a state veterans' cemetery.
- LC0202: To clarify that a 100% disabled veteran may receive any special military plates for a $5 registration fee, with all other taxes and fees waived.
- LC0203: To include either a motor home or a truck used to pull a travel trailer as the one vehicle a 100% disabled veteran may register for $5.
- LC0204: To amend resident hunting license provisions for military personnel.