2003-2004 Education and Local Government Committee
The Education and Local Government Interim Committee acts a liaison with local governments and has administrative rule review, draft legislation review, program evaluation, and monitoring responsibilities for the following Executive Branch agencies and the entities attached to those agencies for administrative purposes: State Board of Education, Board of Public Education, Board of Regents of Higher Education, Office of Public Instruction.
- October 30, 2003 Minutes
- January 9, 2004 Agenda and Minutes
- April 2, 2004 Agenda and Minutes
- June 9, 2004 Agenda and Minutes
- September 14 The subcommittee will meet at 3:00 p.m. in Room 137 to hear from the HJR 37 working group on its progress in agreeing to changes in the subdivision review process with respect to sanitation.
- September 14, 2004 Minutes
- Assigned Study and Related Staff Reports:
House Joint Resolution No. 37
- Invitation to Comment
- Study Plan
- Summary of Problems with Subdivision Review Process
- Comparison of Suggested Changes to Subdivision and Platting Act
- Results of Survey of Planners
HJR 37-Related Materials Presented at April 2 Meeting
- Progress Report and Discussion Draft Summary
- Analysis of Brandborg v. The Bd. of County Commissioners of Ravalli Co.
- Draft Legislation as Requested by the Education and Local Government Committee, June 9, 2004
- General Staff Reports
- Local Government Legislation Report
- Governmental Franchise (April 2 agenda item)
Presentation by Montana Telecommunications Association
Meeting Notice: May 19, 2004
What: Joint Meeting of the Postsecondary Education
Policy and Budget and Montana Board of Regents
When: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Great Falls College of Technology
Great Falls, Montana
- Economic Development Working Group Meetings
- February 11, 2004, Room 137, State Capitol, 7:45 a.m.
- February 24, 2004, Room 102, State Capitol, 7:45 a.m.
- Economic Leadership Project Team Meetings
- February 25, 2004, Room 102, State Capitol, 10 a.m.
- "A Proposal for the Montana Board of Regents, A Process by Which the University System Takes a Greater Leadership Role in Economic Development for the State of Montana"
- Oklahoma EDGE project link: http://news.mywebpal.com/indexoklahoma.cfm?pnpid=968
- Accountability Measures and Agreement adopted in the last interim
- Six Action Items Designed to Implement Shared Leadership for a Stronger Montana Economy
- Six Action Items Designed to Implement Shared Leadership for a Stronger Montana Economy - July 2004 Update