2007-2008 Economic Affairs Committee
The Economic Affairs Interim Committee is a joint bipartisan committee of the Montana Legislature that meets during the interims between legislative sessions. It conducts interim studies and generally reviews issues related to economic development. It also monitors the programs and functions of the Departments of Agriculture, Commerce, Labor and Industry, and Livestock, as well as the Office of the State Auditor and Insurance Commissioner and the Governor’s Office of Economic Development.
|May 7th, 2008||Agenda||May 7-8 Minutes|
|May 8th, 2008||Agenda|
|Briefing Paper - Insurance Mandates
Bill draft - limited benefit individual policies
HJR 48 - options
SJR 13 - options
Report - Ginny Merriam - SJR 13
Report - Steve Seninger - HJR 48
Handout - D. Morehead - HJR 48
Article - New England Journal of Medicine - D Morehead
HR 48 Subcommittee
The 2007 Legislature approved House Joint Resolution 48, calling for a study of health insurance reforms and publicly funded health care programs in Montana.
The Economic Affairs Committee at an August 17 conference call meeting reconsidered its June vote to establish a joint subcommittee with the Children, Families, Health and Human Services Interim Committee to study HJR 48. The new vote is to have a subcommittee just of the Economic Affairs Committee. The subcommittee members are: Sen. Don Steinbeisser, Rep. Scott Mendenhall, Rep. Bill Thomas, and Rep. Michele Reinhart.
February 6, 2008
- Staff Reports - Final report on HJR 48 on Health Care
- Related Study Materials and Links
- Proposed Legislation
HJR 48 Related Study Materials & Links
- Material From The Sponsor Of HJR 48:
- Understanding the Health Insurance Exchange handout
(from a meeting at the Heritage Foundation)
- Links To Studies On Health Insurance Reforms (Alphabetically):
- Cato Institute Review of Massachusetts Plan
- Center on Budget and Policy Priorities Reports
- Commonwealth Fund Comparative Insurance Study
- Heritage Foundation Health Reports
- Wisconsin Legislative Library: Health Care Reform Proposals
This link provides access to information on a number of topics
related to the HJR 48 study.