Special Select Committee on State Settlement Accountability
In late March, Senate President Scott Sales and House Speaker Austin Knudsen appointed a Special Select Committee on State Settlement Accountability.
The committee will meet again on November 5 via teleconference. Members of the public who wish to attend the meeting or to give public comment in person must meet in Room 102 of the Capitol. The meeting will also be streamed live on the internet and MPAN.
- Legislative Audit Correspondence
- Organizational Items
- Draft Rules and Procedures
- Budget Overview
- Other Materials
- Memo: Investigative Authority of the Montana Legislature
- State Employee Termination Settlements Background
- Legal Memo: Constitutional Privacy and Right to Know
- Inventory of Montana's Statutes and Rules on State Employee Grievances, Discharge, Retaliation Protections, and Access to Personnel Information
- Joint letter from Senator Jon Sesso and Representative Jenny Eck, Minority Leaders
- Memo regarding Funding Request
The video/audio meeting archives are still under development. However, meeting recordings are available using the interface below.Past/Current Recordings
In accordance with House Rules 30-20 (7) and (8), the Speaker of the House, with the advice of the majority leader and the minority leader, may appoint a special committee or a select committee. In accordance with Senate Rule 30-10 (4), the President of the Senate, with the advice of the majority leader and the minority leader, may appoint a special committee.
In late March, Speaker Knudsen and President Sales appointed the members of the Special Select Committee on State Settlement Accountability.
The statutory prohibition pursuant to section 5-5-205, MCA, barring a standing committee of the Legislature as provided for in legislative rules from meeting during the interim, does not apply to a special or select committee.
The committee adopted rules and procedures on April 25, 2018.
- REPRESENTATIVE ALAN DOANE (R)
- REPRESENTATIVE KIMBERLY DUDIK (D) P
- REPRESENTATIVE RON EHLI (R)
- REPRESENTATIVE BRADLEY MAXON HAMLETT (D)
- REPRESENTATIVE FORREST MANDEVILLE (R)
- SENATOR MARY CAFERRO (D)
- SENATOR STEVE FITZPATRICK (R)
- SENATOR NATE MCCONNELL (D)
- SENATOR KEITH REGIER (R)
- SENATOR NELS SWANDAL (R)--Chair